Contact us

If you have a query

If you have feedback or a query about your energy account please go to the log in page to speak to our UK-based webchat team. If you are interested in getting a quote for your business electricity our webchat team can help you with that too, simply go to the log in page and our webchat team can help you.

Our complaints process

Step 1 - We want to sort things out for you quickly

Our Business Customer Services Team are ready to help you, so please log in to get in touch. If we can't sort out your complaint right away, we'll give you a unique reference number which you can use when talking to other members of the team.

Step 2 - If you're not happy with how we're dealing with your complaint

Ask our webchat team to put you in touch with a manager. We’ll let you know we’ve received your complaint within 24 hours and get back to you within 10 working days.

Step 3 - If we can't agree a way forward with you

If you're a micro business and we haven't been able to sort things out within 8 weeks, or we can't agree a way forward with you (we call this 'deadlock'), we'll write and let you know you have the right to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman Services: Energy.

If you're not a micro business, you may wish to seek independent legal advice.

You don't have to accept their decision, but if you do, we'll act on what they say - whether that's us saying sorry, explaining what's gone wrong, fixing the problem or even paying you compensation.

Ombudsman (for micro businesses)

Ombudsman Services: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington WA4 9DF
0330 440 1624 | 0330 440 1600 (textphone)

If you need independent advice

You can get help with energy problems. This includes issues with your bills or meters, or if you’re struggling to pay for the energy you use.

If you live in England or Wales, go to or contact the Citizens Advice consumer service on 0808 223 1133. Calls are free.

If you live in Scotland, go to or contact Advice Direct Scotland on 0808 196 8660. Calls are free.

Citizens Advice and Advice Direct Scotland are the official sources of free and independent energy advice and support.

What is a micro business?

You're a micro business if you meet any one of the following conditions:

  • Use less than 100,000 kWh of electricity a year
  • Use less than 293,000 kWh of gas a year
  • Have fewer than 10 employees (or their full-time equivalent) and your yearly turnover, or yearly balance sheet, is not more than 2 million Euros.
  • The consumption threshold applies to the fuel being supplied